Wednesday, December 1, 2010

storyboard




For this storyboard I decided to chose the picture of the boys dressed in what appears to be soccer uniforms.  I thought that this was a very relatable picture to form a story around, especially because I played soccer for most of my life.  I also thought that there were many possibilities of story lines.  When I first started my storyboard I wasn't really sure what I was going to have the story be about.  First looking at the picture with the four boys, it looks like they really need to use the bathroom, so I thought that maybe I would try and base a story around that, but wasn't really sure where to go with the idea, so I chose to create a story and just weave the picture in the storyline eventually.

Eventually I created my story based on the common theme of an intense sports game and having the close tied score in the end.  In the storyline I just created the basic thoughts and concepts that tend to happen in such an intense game--the crazy fans and nervous players.  I also tried to include some actions that are often present in a soccer game; pregame line-up, referee calls, scoring, the kick-off, etc.  Based on the information just given, I would conclude that I used McClouds action to action technique of storyboarding because each box shows a different action and it really only needs one slide to show that particular action. 

In the end, after creating my second storyboard, I assumed that having only one picture would make it easier to create a story, but I don't think it was.  It definately took me more slides to explain the one picture than it did to explain two pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment